I have been trying to get through some fibre lately. I am not very quick at processing but I have been working on this Corriedale/silk blend and it is an absolute joy!
The Corriedale fibre is from one of my girls (or boys) and has been fully scoured by me. Once scoured I pulled out the locks to dry individually then bundled them up in a bag ready for flicking. On Friday nights I have flicked out the locks then blended them with the raw silk fibre on the hand carders. I have to admit that the first few rolags were difficult to produce as I had truly lost my hand carding skills. 100gm later and I seem to have my mojo back. I am planning this fibre to be a bulky yarn for a hat from Weekend Hats.
On the drum carder I did up another 100gm or so of a random fibre I found in the stash. It’s some sort of wool that I used in a natural dyeing day I did with the local guild several years ago when we first moved back here. I don’t know what it was dyed with but it’s not the best colour. I am planning on spinning it for socks but our new kitten has other plans for both fibre and the spinning wheels! Given I prepared this fibre several weeks ago I feel that it may be a while until it’s a usable yarn.