Oh how difficult I have found the first sock of Firestarter!  It’s not that the pattern is difficult, I think it’s just my head space.  The cast on took 3 goes, I changed the stitch number as I know that 56 stitches in this yarn suits me and gives a good fit, the initial cables were a debacle and I had to rip them back a number of times and then, I have come to realise, I am mixing up the right twist and left twist on occasion.  Being so sick of it I have just continued on and only a knitter will notice the mess as it’s on the foot where it’s the worst.  Now I seem to have the pattern sorted and am pushing on but I am only up to here on the first sock:

Firestarter in Progress

I hope to at least have one sock finished by next Sunday!

Advertisements